1. LAVENDER essential oil is all things calming, whether it’s your emotions or any kind of skin irritations – burns, bee stings and bug bites.
The calming essential oil. Widely used for peaceful sleep, but is great for any sort of calming. Apply 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil to the temples or diffuse aromatically to help ease tension and for a more peaceful sleep. A drop can also be used to soothe minor skin irritations and burns, as it helps skin recover quickly and takes the sting away.
2. PEPPERMINT essential oil is good to open up the airways, reduce head tension, reduce nausea, and sooth an upset stomach.
Peppermint has many uses. One of my favorites is as a natural energy-booster. Peppermint also promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing — rub on your chest or simply diffuse it aromatically. A drop of doTERRA Peppermint essential oil can also be added to a glass of water to help alleviate occasional stomach upset. And if you’re in pain, you can rub it on the area that’s hurting or if you have a headache, it can be used to relieve tension.
3. FRANKINCENSE essential oil is phenomenal for your cellular health and can do wonders for your emotional health and your skin.
The King of the Oils. Frankincense has many uses, including helping to build and maintain a healthy immune system, calm anxiety, help boost mood, and it promotes healthy cellular function. Just rub a drop on the back of your neck each morning. That simple routine can also help promote feelings of peace and relaxation.
In addition, frankincense is great for the skin! I use it in my moisturizer on a daily basis as it is often used to reduce the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenate the skin.
4. MELALEUCA essential oil is all things skin – for anything funky going on with the skin, feet, scalp, and nails – blemishes, diaper rash, athlete’s foot, healthy scalp, nail issues.
A lot of people know Melaleuca as tea tree essential oil. It’s well-loved by many, and for good reason! Melaleuca is renowned for its cleansing, soothing and rejuvenating effects on the skin – things like Psoriasis, eczema, acne rashes, and more. doTERRA has this in their face wash and Serum to help clear up the skin.
Melalecua also helps purify and freshen the air and protect against environmental and seasonal threats.
5. LEMON essential oil is all things cleansing/purifying, both internally and externally.
doTERRA Lemon essential oil smells amazing, but is powerful to naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion. It protects against urinary tract infections (UTIs) and kidney stones.
Lemon can be used in the diffuser to cleanse and purify the air and surfaces, promote a positive mood, and support healthy respiratory function. It can even soothe an irritated throat!
6. OREGANO essential oil helps your body with the chemistry that it needs to have a strong immune response anytime you’re feeling under the weather.
Oregano is a wonderful (and powerful) cleansing agent. It has immune-enhancing benefits and is an excellent source of antioxidants. It even supports healthy digestion and respiratory function. Plus it makes a great addition to homemade soups and sauces.
7. BREATHE essential oil is everything respiratory. If you struggle with breathing, Breathe can really open up the airways and change your life when it comes to respiratory support.
Breathe essential oil will help you do just that – breathe easier. This is a specific doTERRA blend and was designed to maintain clear airways and breathing and it does a great job of supporting overall respiratory health. It also helps minimize the effect of seasonal threats – I can’t go without it once everything starts blooming.
Just add some to your diffuser or rub a drop or two on the chest and back.
8. DIGESTZEN essential oil is your digestive support. This is all things tummy. If you’ve been bloated, gassy, had any type of upset stomach, felt nauseous, had a nervous tummy, or felt like you were going to toss your cookies, this blend is a game changer.
This doTERRA blend aids in the digestion of foods, soothes occasional stomach upset, nausea, and maintains a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
Rub a drop or two on your stomach, add a drop to a glass of water, or put a drop under your tongue for amazingly fast relief.
9. ON GUARD essential oil is everything immune system. It’s amazing for helping support a healthy immune system and to get any little bugs out of the air. This is about being proactive with your health and being proactive with whatever you’re exposed to every day. This is your go-to oil if you have a tingly throat.
This special doTERRA blend is excellent at supporting healthy immune function – rub a couple drops on the bottoms of your feet each day. In our home, we used it daily from October to March. You can also diffuse it aromatically to protect against environmental threats and purify the air. It has an energizing, uplifting aroma.
10. DEEP BLUE essential oil is your soothing blend. Think natural icy hot to sooth your joints or your muscles. If your joints are always hurting, you clench your jaw a lot, or you tend to carry stress in your shoulders, Deep Blue is your go-to oil.
This blue essential oil is helpful for soothing sore muscles and achy joints. Use Deep Blue Rub (lotion with the Deep Blue oil blend in it) to cover a larger surface area, but the oil works even deeper. Use it pre- or post-workout for a comforting sensation of cooling and warmth to problem areas and to support healthy circulation to muscles and joints. Deep Blue helps with inflammation as well.
What happens is when you have just these top ten essential oils, you can see how many things you can combat. It really opens the floodgates to empower you with the natural tools that you need to combat stress and anxiety, to combat sleep problems, to combat pain, to combat tummy issues, to combat any type of sickness that is coming into your home, to support your emotions – there are so many different uses.